Friday

Pinterest Project: Felt Flower Wreath

As you may have seen in my About Me, I really like Pinterest.

OK, I'm a little obsessed with Pinterest.

If someone would pay me to do Pinterest projects for a living I would be in heaven. HEAVEN.

One of the first projects I made from there was this cute felt flower wreath. The original pin I used for inspiration links to this pic on The Berry. I simply used the picture as a starting point and made things up as I went.


Pinterest Inspired Felt Flower Wreath
My favorite part of the project: it cost me a whopping $3.00! Cheap home decor for the win! [cheap home decor is another thing that makes me less grouchy :)]

I don't have step by step photos of this project but I'm linking the two flower tutorials I used/started with, so you can always stop by those bloggies for more info!

Supplies
  • Grapevine wreath - ($2.00) I purchased two skimpy wreaths from Dollar Tree and hot glued them together to add bulk. You could also shop a sale at Hobby Lobby and get a sturdy wreath for about the same price.
  • Felt - ($1.00) Sale at JoAnn's, 4 squares for a dollar.
  • Ribbon - Already had from previous project.
  • Hot glue gun

There are several different tutorials I used for the flowers I made. I started out following them exactly, but decided I liked playing around with the felt since it gave the flowers a not-so-precise look. You know what I mean?

Close up of the flowers.
Tutorials:

 Really, this project is simple as pie. Arrange flowers to your liking. Add leaves, stems, ribbons, whatever floats your boat. Hot glue together. Voila! You've got a frugal, fun, and cute home decor project!



Oh, and did I mention they make great gifts! Here's one that I made for my MIL. Red, white, and blue for a patriotic theme. [Excuse the poor photo quality on all of these, I am currently sans camera and using my phone for all pics.]



Happy Frugal Crafting!


Check it out:
Linked up to these parties: Home Decor and Organizing; DIY under $5; Somewhat Simple; Will Craft for Fun

Go take a peek at some of the awesome projects there! 

4 comments:

  1. Great wreath Brandi! And welcome to blogging... I'm pretty new at this too... feels like everyone else has years of posts & hundreds or thousands of followers so it's nice to find another "newbie".

    Hilda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting!! Its really awesome to find another newbie! It seems like most everyone else is light-years ahead of me. :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you Tara! I love your blog by the way! I am absolutely infatuated with Pinterest. I think there might need to be a Pinterest Anonymous group. ;)

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by, I am always happy to hear from you!