OK, I'm a little obsessed with Pinterest.
If someone would pay me to do Pinterest projects for a living I would be in heaven. HEAVEN.
One of the first projects I made from there was this cute felt flower wreath. The original pin I used for inspiration links to this pic on The Berry. I simply used the picture as a starting point and made things up as I went.
|Pinterest Inspired Felt Flower Wreath|
I don't have step by step photos of this project but I'm linking the two flower tutorials I used/started with, so you can always stop by those bloggies for more info!
- Grapevine wreath - ($2.00) I purchased two skimpy wreaths from Dollar Tree and hot glued them together to add bulk. You could also shop a sale at Hobby Lobby and get a sturdy wreath for about the same price.
- Felt - ($1.00) Sale at JoAnn's, 4 squares for a dollar.
- Ribbon - Already had from previous project.
- Hot glue gun
|Close up of the flowers.|
- This tut from Lines Across is perfect for simple roses, plus she explains each step really well.
- This tutorial from designdump is awesome! She even uses these flowers as brooches, on headbands, and as gift toppers.
Oh, and did I mention they make great gifts! Here's one that I made for my MIL. Red, white, and blue for a patriotic theme. [Excuse the poor photo quality on all of these, I am currently sans camera and using my phone for all pics.]
Happy Frugal Crafting!
Check it out:
Linked up to these parties: Home Decor and Organizing; DIY under $5; Somewhat Simple; Will Craft for Fun
Go take a peek at some of the awesome projects there!