Tuesday

A Crafty To-Do List

I hope everyone had a good weekend!

T and I have a busy week ahead of us, so little, to no projects will get done this week. However, I thought I'd post some items that are on my radar to try soon! In no particular order....

  1. Shirred skirts from men's T-shirts. I've never done any shirring before, so this makes me a little nervous. At least my practice will be on some cheap Goodwill shirts! Check out the tutorial I pinned from Sew Like My Mom.
  2. Turn a pair of old jeans into skinny capris. This is perfect! I already have a pair of jens that are too short and a pair of skinny capris that fit me perfectly. I'll follow this tutorial from Haute to Sew.
  3. A swim cover-up. I usually just throw on a sundress or shorts before I head to the pool, but I would love to make my own dedicated swim cover-up, especially before we go on our cruise in December! I love this wrap style one from la vie en rose. It just like one that they sell at Victoria's Secret  for over $50! I also stumbled upon this tie-dye one, from a large T-shirt, at Adventures of a Middle Sister.
  4. I've lately become obsessed with the idea of making my own tote or bag of some sort. I've pinned lots of ideas on Pinterest, but I'm linking to three of my favorites for simplicity. A drawstring beach bag here, a TON of bag and backpack tutorial links here, and a super cute tote pattern here.
  5. A sock monkey. I absolutely love monkeys, so a cute sock monkey is right up my alley. I love this tutorial at Craft Passion.
  6. Covering old jars. I have to have one non-sewing one! I've started collecting a variety of food jars to use as storage and I'm hoping to cover thole jar lids with some pretty scrap book paper. Tutorial here, at Design Sponge.
 Hopefully, I'll get some time to work on something this weekend. Craftiness is definitely usually a less-grouch activity.

What's on your crafty to-do list?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I am always happy to hear from you!