Monday

Kindness

I haven't been blogging very long, but one thing I can say about the blogging world is that there is an immense amount of kindness and support to be found here....And while I'm still not sure where this blog is going (or what it will become), I have encountered some lovely folks along the way.

Hilda, at From Overwhelmed to Organized (please go check out her blog!) has given me the Liebster Blog Award. I feel honored that someone thought of my little month-old blog when thinking of this award.

Thank you so much, Hilda!



To quote, Hilda, "Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome."

The award is given to blogs that have less than 200 followers. I definitely qualify for that part! :)


Here are the rules for the award:
1. Post about your win on your blog.
2. Link back to the blogger who presented you with the award and follow their blog (if you don't already!).
3. Copy and paste the award button to your blog (you can right-click on the Liebster label from my page, save it to your computer, then save to your blog).
4. Present the Liebster Blog Award to 5 blogs that have fewer than 200 followers that you think deserve to be recognized.
5. Let them know by leaving them a comment on their blog.
6. Please share 5 random facts about yourself.

I am not one to do any sort of pass-it-on activities when it comes to online culture, no facebook-y tag-your-it type of surveys or anything...and while I love the idea, and the support the award shows, I am choosing not to pass it on to five others.

This is not because I'm cold-hearted or hate fun.

Its because I'm a hippy and think everyone could use a little encouragement once in a while. Free love and all that. (kidding, hippies would probably scowl at me)

Its actually because I think every new blogger deserves this little guy. When you're wallowing a little because only two people read your blog and no one leaves comments and you don't have bloggy friends to give this to you, that's precisely when you need it most!!!

So, please, if you're reading this, feeling less blog love than you deserve (you do deserve it!), know that you have gotten the Liebster from me. At least in heart and mind!




Oh, and comment to tell me what your blog is, I would love to check it out and leave you some commment-y goodness.


I'm not actually linking up to any parties with this post, but here are the places I have run into some of the most friendly, bloggy people. You should check them out and make some new blog-friends!

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout-out Brandi Lee & way to go on being gutsy enough to not pass it on. I loved getting this award (made me feel so special) but then the next day I got another one (to be passed on to 10 people!) and then another one (to be passed on to 15 people!). That's 30 bloggers between the 3 awards. I don't even follow that many bloggers and some of them have probably already received these awards. I'm feeling a little overwhelmed about it all... My solution is that I'm going to hold off on posting about the latest 2 while I search out more newer bloggers through link parties and those who comment on my blog or follow me. When I've found enough then I'll pass it on. Hopefully those who gave me the awards won't mind :) I like getting to know other bloggers and if that's part of the point of these awards then I want to actually do it and not just list a bunch of blogs in a post. Hope that makes sense. Anyway, you deserve the award & I've enjoyed getting to know you through our blogs and I'm glad you posted as you did for this award. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hilda, I think its wonderful to pass it on! I've just never been very into that sort of thing and I am so, so honored that you chose me! I agree that having these things to pass on does help you find new blogs and hopefully new blog friends in the process. :)

      I considered for a while how I wanted to respond to this award. Thank you for understanding!!

      Delete
  2. I like her idea :) It's very sweet. I like yours too!
    Thanks for following my blog today, it made me very happy! I hope that you will enjoy reading what I have to offer my tiny little corner of the blogosphere.
    Best Wishes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenn!

      I really loved some of your recipes and meal plans. I'm happy to be following. :)

      Delete
  3. Though I might be biased , I think your blog is all those things the award stands for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) You might be a teensy bit biased, but thank you. :)

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by, I am always happy to hear from you!